Friday, May 28, 2010

Ready for the Weekend

Is it 4:30 yet?

That's when I get to go home and start my long weekend.

This week has been both fun and annoying.

FUN
Geoff's father was in town all week for a work training. He was staying in a hotel nearby and took us out to dinner on Tuesday night. We ate outside and enjoyed appetizers, salads, soup, and then a couple of bites of our dinners before we were too full. Wednesday he took us out to an Irish pub for some yummy beers. Both nights were very enjoyable, Wednesday especially. It was fun to see Geoff's dad get a little tipsy and I am always up for beer, good conversation, and laughs.

Last night was yummy as I made zucchini/bean/rice/other veggie burritos for Geoff and I...mmmm.

ANNOYING
Oh my god will this week end already??? It has been so looooong. I have gotten almost nothing done at work because I've spent all my time just wishing I was outside laying in the sun with a cocktail in one hand and a good book in the other.

Yesterday morning I got in my car to go to work and realized that I was almost out of gas. There isn't really a gas station on the way to work, so I have to go a little out of the way and I was already running late. Great. So I finish pumping the gas and as I'm putting the nozzle back on the pump I drip gas on my shoes. Not much...but still. Great, again. I get in the car and find a full water bottle and a napkin and start trying to clean my shoe off. It still smelled like gas so I took it off and set it on the seat next to me until I could get to work and figure something out. I put the full bottle of water in the cup holder, sans cap, and headed on my way. My next right hand turn WHOOOSH! The bottle tips over is pours water all over my work pants and feet, filling up the shoe that was still on. "Ahhhhh!" I almost went off the road. I righted the bottle then laughed at myself. I knew that I should have stayed home! Needless to say I got to work with wet pants and a shoe that smelled like gas. At least I didn't catch on fire, right?

Today is going much better. It's Friday, so that's a good start. I took a nice walk on my lunch break and sat by the pond on campus while chatting with an old friend that I haven't seen/talked to in forever. It was great.

This weekend I am going out on Saturday night with some girls for a 25th birthday celebration. Sunday I am shopping while Geoff helps a friend move. Those are my only two plans. I can't wait to see what else the weekend will bring.

What about you?

4 comments:

Sami said...

Argh, I hate dripping gas on myself!! It's so annoying, that smell never goes away... hope you have a great weekend! :)

Courtney said...

Have a good Memorial Day Weekend.. sorry to hear your week was somewhat annoying, mine was too, but hey, it's over now, let's celebrate!

kathryn said...

Oh, you are too funny. I'm relieved you did not catch on fire....since you'd spilled all the water you'd need to put yourself out...

I hope you've had a glorious weekend, sweets...the weather's been incredible.

...and from now on, stand at least 2 steps away from that gas nozzle.

Kristy said...

I hope you had a great weekend! Now it's already Wednesday, hump day, and trucking along toward another weekend!