Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Big 1-0-0

Sorry! Again...

I know, I know. I've become a failure as a blogger. I hope that someone is still out there reading.

This is my 100th post guys! The pressure was just too much I guess.

Actually, I have been very busy again. April is one of my busiest months at work so I was putting in extra time there. The weekend of April 16th we had friends come down from Friday-Sunday night. The following weekend my youngest brother, Grady, came down from Friday-Sunday.

Meanwhile, I had been planning my mother's 50th birthday party which was held in Maine the weekend after my brother came down to see me. It was a success and even though I had been stressed about it for weeks, everything ran smoothly and we had a great time. We stayed at Geoff's Mom's new place (which is located on a fairground in Maine by the horse stables...neat!) and the party was held at my uncle's. We had a nice family bbq and my mom was very surprised when she arrived. She even cried a little. As the group gift, we got her a nice digital camera since she was the last person on the planet without one and she always harrassed everyone else to email pics to her :). For the party I made a yummy 7 layer dip, a pasta salad, and a chocolate cake with strawberry frosting. Oh my god you guys...the cake was to die for. Here is the link to the recipe I used for the cake: http://www.joyofbaking.com/ChocolateButterCake.html and here is the link for the frosting: http://southernfood.about.com/od/icingrecipes/r/r70225c.htm. I got a lot of compliments on it, and I have to say I gave myself a big ol' pat on the back for this. It came out so decadent and delicious.

Last Thursday, Geoff and I went to the Red Sox v. Angels game and got to be on the Green Monster!!! For those of you who are not Sox fans, you might not understand the awesomeness of this...but the rest of you know. We had Standing Room Only tickets for up there, which is still awesome because for a fifth of the price of the Green Monster seats you get almost the same view, a big shelf to lean on and set your food drinks, etc, your own concessions and bathroom. The people sitting in front of us left during the 6th inning and we took their seats. It was amazing. The Sox won 11-6, the view was great, and we were so happy to be up there. I hope I never forget how much fun I had that night.




We were literally standing next to the concessions...no lines or missing the game when we needed another beer or hot dog!

I've missed you all. And will have the answers to all the questions you asked in my next post. If you'd like to add any questions...feel free to leave them here!

7 comments:

Sami said...

Welcome back!

And I am so, SO jealous of your Monster tickets!! AGGGHHH!! Glad we won one while you were there :)

Smileyfreak said...

Welcome back,wow you have been busy!! :) DOn't worry about the lack of blogging,you can't do everything!

CLR said...

Hey, welcome back! Loved the entry and as always you guys look great. So excited for you about the green monster.
Happy Monday to you!

Debbie said...

No matter how long you are away, you always have great things to post about! That game sounded awesome!

Kristy said...

You know it is a great time of year, but it always seems soooo busy! I have to be careful not to get too scheduled up but it seems to happen anyway, right?!

carissa said...

Happy 100th post!! I'm glad you are still alive and we've missed you!

lifelove'n'wine said...

Sami - The Monster was awesome...you must try it sometime!

Smileyfreak - Thank you very much. It's nice to know that my readers will be here when I come back.

CLR - Thank you!

Debbie - That really means a lot. Thank you so much for the comment.:)

Kristy - I don't know where the time goes. I think about my blog a lot, but when I finally sit down to post I'll see that it's been a month since I last wrote anything. Bad...

Carissa - Thank you! I am trying to be better now!