Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Fill-Ins and Floods

1. All you need is love, sunshine, and wine.

2. My favorite shows, my friends, my doggy, my boyfriend, and my nieces fill(s) me with laughter.

3. Each generation, as it grows up, must face the problems left to them by generations before, and must do their best to leave less problems for generations of the future. Unfortunately, that last part rarely happens...

4. My father's disappearance, and my youngest brother's increasing pain is something I have a hard time dealing with.

5. A trip to anywhere else (preferably Jamaica, Europe, or South America) is what I need.

6. When you give your time and love to others, you will feel the happiness it brings to you and you get back.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to yoga, a sunshiney afternoon, and relaxing with Geoff, tomorrow my plans include hitting the library, relaxing on the sunny porch, working in the garden, going for a bike ride, enjoying some margaritas and Sunday, I want to repeat parts of Saturday and then watch the Red Sox kick some ass!

I know, it's such a cop-out. Sorry! It has been a relatively uneventful week here. Rhode Island has had major flooding issues, but we are very lucky and were unaffected. I feel so bad for all of the people who's homes and businesses were damaged though. This state has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country, and now even more businesses (including a mall with untold amount of retail workers) will be shut down until they can get the funds to repair the damage. It's sad to see people who are already struggling have to struggle even more, and it makes me thankful for the luck that Geoff and I have had.

Are you on the east coast? Did you get any flooding? What are your plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

Sami said...

Poor RI has taken a beating... my heart goes out to those poor people who've lost their homes, jobs, or sadly both. It's never a good time for natural disasters, but I agree with you, during this recession is the worst. Morale is already pretty low, now this. I'm glad you and yours made it out unscathed, that must have been scary.

Let's go RED SOX!! Totally ready for Sunday night, and whooping some Yank butt! :)

Zen Mama said...

From one wine lover to another, have a great weekend! Love your blog - have experienced lots of family pain as well. Sorry to hear about RI. I like in Milwaukee so no floods here. Take care.

lifelove'n'wine said...

Sami - I know, it's awful. People seem to be pulling together to help each other though, so that is a plus.

And YAY THE RED SOX WON!!! :)

Zen Mama - It was a great weekend, and thank you for the compliment on my blog. I have let it fall by the wayside a little lately and really need to get back to it before my readers die of boredom.