Saturday, March 27, 2010

Of Yoga and Booze

It's been awhile so here is one of those bulleted posts:

  • Our weekend in Maine was great. Friday I had a nice lunch with my mom, then went grocery shopping for the party, picked up decorations, went to Home Depot for plywood for the beer pong/beer die tables, then went to our friend's house (where the party was to be held) to help clean up/set up the basement. Saturday Geoff left early to go snowboarding with his friends. It was a perfect day with temps between 60 and 70 and they all had a blast. I spent the day in his mom's kitchen making food. I prepared 7-layer dip, crockpot meatballs, sausage stuffed jalapenos, chex mix, veggies, chips, dips, etc. At about 4:30 I was pretty stressed because I still had to pack the jeep (we borrowed it from Geoff's dad) with all of the food, party supplies, sleepover supplies, etc and go pick up the keg. His mom helped me load everything up, I got the keg without a problem, and arrived to the party house at about 5:30. Everything was set up without a problem and people started to arrive around 7. We had a great night. Lots of games, drinking, eating, laughing, and fun. Geoff's brother, B, came and I was so happy to see him having a good time. I got lots of compliments on the food which made my night as I had worked so hard to set everything up. About 10 of us spent the night and all went to brunch in the morning. Delicious! I was also amazed and relieved at my lack of a hangover as I had a lot of cleaning up, packing up, and driving to do that day. We got back to RI that night and I have been exhausted all week.
  • Work has been crazy and stressful lately. I am so sick of all of the drama that people there stir up every. single. day. I really need to try harder to just stick my nose to the grindstone and get my work done without letting all of the gossip/ridiculousness stress me out. Some days are easier than others.
  • I haven't been doing very good at keeping myself healthy. I haven't run since February and while I eat pretty healthy I do tend to have pig out sessions at night. I got a great idea from Life in Pink to do a 30 day yoga challenge. I have been attending my yoga class at work once a week, but it seems more like a meditation class than a yoga class...which is fine, but I wanted something a little more challenging. Also, it's hard to train myself to meditate if I'm only doing it once a week. She mentioned a website called yogadownload.com that is great! You can download free 20 minute yoga classes! I have been wanting to sign up for a more traditional yoga class, but they are all way out of my price range (i.e. they cost money). This is a great solution for me right now. So, on Thursday after a horrid, drama filled day at work I stopped at TJ Maxx and bought a yoga mat (I also bought some cranberry juice and vodka on the way home but that is beside the point). I downloaded my first "class" and did it yesterday and this morning. My goal is to do it everyday for 30 days for strength, flexibility, meditation, and my overall well-being. Wish me luck!
Sorry for the long post. What have you all been up to?

4 comments:

Smileyfreak said...

Thanks for the update,it was great :) The party sounds amazing,well done for pulling it all off without a hitch! Partys can be stressful and it can be easy to forget that the whole purpose of the party was to have FUN :) but it sounds like you had lots of that,so good on you! :)

Don't be too hard on yourself for falling out of your running routine. It can be difficult to juggle all the things in your life and still find time to excercise,that yoga website sounds like a very good idea though,thanks for the link :)

Haven't been up to much myself,trying to find the motivation for my last term at school hasn't been easy but I think that I'm finally back on the right track :)

Enjoy the yoga and thanks for the great post :)

Kristy said...

Do you work at my work? :) And, beer pong, yessss.

rtfgvb786 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

lifelove'n'wine said...

Smileyfreak - Thank you! I was so glad it went well. Glad you are pushing your way through the last term of school...good luck!

Kristy - Haha, I wish I had another normal person at my work!