Thursday, March 4, 2010

If only I could carry a pen in my boobs...

It's Thursday and I haven't done a weekend update yet!

This weekend was great! Friday night I got the movie Inglorious Basterds from the Red Box at the grocery store. Geoff and I never watch recent movies. We really just can't afford a night at the movie theater (this may have something to do with my NEED to have a big bag of movie popcorn) and renting movies doesn't make for a cheap date either. The last movie we saw in theaters was The Dark Knight, and like I said...we never rent. We just watch whatevers available to download on our Netflix player which is mostly tv shows and indie movies or older movies. Anyway, $1 movie from Red Box = Joy! It was a good, albeit gruesome, movie. I heart Quentin Tarantino's style.

On Saturday, Geoff and I went to the Chili Festival at the Rhode Island Convention Center. We got to sample LOTS of chili, see a chili pepper eating contest, and met up with some friends. After about four hours of chili eating I just couldn't take any more, so we headed to a local bar with our friends Mark and Jennie.

After a couple of drinks, somehow the topic of Hooters (the restaurant) came up. I mentioned that I had never been to one before and so the other three decided that we must go. It was in Warwick which was only about 15 minutes away. I was really excited because everyone talks about their wings all the time...but I ended up being pretty disappointed. The place was packed (Saturday night...oops!), but we got a table right away and ordered our food. It left a lot to be desired...their wings weren't disgusting...but they weren't that good either. Oh well, we got a cheap pitcher of beer and our waitress carried her pen in her boobs so at least there was that. As Geoff said, "It's not about the food, it's about the scenery."

On the way home we stopped to return Inglorious Basterds to a Red Box and ended up getting The Hangover too. We watched that on Sunday...SO FUNNY! I kind of want to see it again...

Sunday was great. We had no plans at all so I was able to tidy up the apartment and then laze around all day. After we watched the movie we turned on the Olympic hockey game, but I just surfed the interwebs instead of paying attention. It was so nice to just relax and enjoy each others company this weekend instead of having visitors or visiting others. Yay!

What have you all been up to? Any fun Hooters experiences? Seen any good movies lately?

P.S. Don't forget to vote.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I love BOTH those movies! Sounds like you had an eventful weekend!

Meagan@Megs7827 said...

We love Hangover! It gets funnier the more you watch it. We are expecting Inglorious Bastards in the mail any day now. Hooters is nasty! Even Hubby was not a fan and he is a boob guy.

Stacie said...

If you're not opposed to slightly illegal activities, you can try www.moviefather.com. It's a site which allows you to stream current movies for free. There's no download, and no cost... However, I would recommend using a browser like google chrome or the latest version of firefox.

I'm in the same boat when it comes to finances, so I'm always on the look out for cheap movies, or whatever, because I can't afford to spend 15 bucks for two hours of entertainment!

I loved inglorious basterd! It was so funny, especially at the end, my ex turns to me and goes 'Is that for real?'

Yes, dear.

Debbie said...

You always have the best weekends! Those movies are both awesome! Good choices. Red Box, who knew?!

CLR said...

Hmm a pen in your boobs. That's amazing. I've never been to Hooters either!

the checkout girl said...

okay so I have a friend who carries her cell phone, cash, and driver's license in her bra and when she reaches in and pulls them out, well, let's just say there have been many times I've exclaimed "PLEASE! LET ME BUY YOU A WALLET!"