Thursday, March 18, 2010

He's 30

Today is Geoff's 30th birthday.

Last night I made him a boiled dinner of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots. YUCK. But, it was out of love...what can I say?

I am leaving work today at noon to meet him for a birthday brunch, and then while he is at work for the afternoon I can bake his cake (Guinness Chocolate Stout Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting...I will post the recipe if it comes out yummy!), and pack for our trip to Maine. We will leave tonight after dinner and stay at his dad's. In the morning we will borrow his dad's jeep and leave our Bandit behind for the weekend. I will meet my mom for lunch in Portland, go grocery shopping for the bday party, drop our stuff off at Geoff's mom's, meet a friend at Home Depot to buy boards for the Beer Pong and Beer Die tables, and head to the house where the party will be held to drop off some stuff and help clean the basement. On Saturday I will cook/prep food, pick up the keg, and bring everything to the "party house". At 7pm the party will start and I'm hoping it all goes well! We have about 25 friends coming so it should be a good time!

Sunday we will have breakfast with everyone who has spent the night, then clean up, head to Portland to pick up stuff from Geoff's mom's, drive to his dad's to drop off the jeep and get Bandit, and then head back ti RI. I will be very tired at work on Monday...but it will be worth it!

Geoffrey, happy birthday. I love you more than you could know, and I look forward to many more years of adventures and fun with you.

What has been your favorite birthday so far?

7 comments:

JenJen said...

Happy happy!

Krista said...

Happy Birthday Geoff! You're a few months younger than me... jerk. :oP

My favourite birthday was BY FAR my 30th - last September. I got dressed up to the nines, went out with friends had a fabulous dinner, got a broken foot and had kitchen floor sex... The next morning I was very confused when I woke up with linoleum burn on my shoulders and a foot twice the size it should be... but it was SO worth it!

Doesn't get much better than that.

Two days later I started my blog... haha... and still haven't told the stories there from that bday. I hope that you are braver and will post ALL of the stories for us next week. Stay safe and have a fantastic time!

CLR said...

Happy Birthday Geoff!

Debbie said...

Awww! You are sweet. And another great weekend ahead. Can't wait to hear more.

kathryn said...

Aw, honey! It sounds like a lovely (if not exhausting!) weekend. I hope Geoff had a lovely 30th birthday! I'm sure he appreciates all you've done for him...right down to the cabbage-cooking! (Yuck is right...yuck!)

jules said...

I ADORE corned beef and cabbage on St. Pattys day. And Guiness cake is awesome! Hope you enjoyed your maine trip!

lifelove'n'wine said...

JenJen - :)

Krista - Sounds like a night to remember (or not?) haha!

CLR - Thanks!

Debbie - Thank you, I try:) Sorry it took so long to tell you how it all turned out!

Kathryn - It was both fun and exhausting. Glad I'm not the only one who is not a fan of the cabbage!

Jules - The cake was good...the rest not so much. Although Geoff loved it so...eh.