Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh, HI!

Hello?

Hellooooo?

Is anybody still out there?

WAIT! Turn back! Don't go! I know I've kept you waiting for a long time...but look! Here I am! Please don't leave!

Sorry bloggy buddies...if you're still out there. I don't know what has gotten into me!

Because it's been so long since I've written, I will do this post with bullet points of what I've been up to lately...then you'll be mostly caught up on my life.

*I started taking a yoga class the first week of this month. It's offered free to employees at the college I work at, and it meets every Tuesday night. I really like it! It's very meditative and relaxing and I am so glad that I am doing it. The first night of yoga I went back to the faculty/staff locker room after class to grab my coat, etc. A professor was in my class and she was changing and was talking to me while I got ready to leave. Now I for one do not feel comfortable changing in front of people that I work with...I use one of the stalls. Well this woman has no fear! We're chatting away and then WHOOSH! Off comes the bra and out come the boobs while I was STANDING THERE LOOKING AT AND TALKING TO HER! I tried not to react, but I was pretty surprised I have to say. Good luck getting that image out of my head...

*We had a long weekend over Valentine's weekend, and it was the beginning of my 14 yo brother, Grady's, vacation so we had him come for a visit! It was his first time coming down and his first time travelling alone. I picked him up in Boston at South Station so that he wouldn't have to transfer buses. Geoff, Grady and I wandered around Boston for a while and got some lunch, then headed home and went to Dave 'n' Busters that night. On Sunday we wandered around different parts of Providence to show Grady the town, but it was very windy and cold so that didn't go as planned. That night we went to the pool hall down the street to play some pool and darts, and on Monday we dropped him back off in Boston to catch a bus home. Geoff and I ended up heading into China Town that afternoon for lunch...yum!

*Since starting yoga, I've been trying to get back into being healthy (as far as exercise) again. I started trying to run again, but have only gone twice...it's cold out there! I'm hoping I can increase my workouts as the days get longer. I hate going to the gym...I love doing the outdoor thing!

*Geoff turns 30 next month! I know, right? He's so old! Haha, I love teasing him about it. I'm planning a big party for him up in Maine for the weekend after his b-day. It's not a surprise since he would have guessed anyway when we planned to go up there for the weekend. One of his friends offered up their house and there will be a keg, games, LOTS OF FOOD, friends, and fun. I am really looking forward to it! Partly because I hate planning parties so it will be nice to just have the day get here already!

*We went to Maine this past weekend so that Geoff could go snowboarding. We arrived Friday night (late) and left Sunday night. Saturday was such a beautiful day, and we went to the dog park with Bandit. It was so nice out that I didn't have to wear a coat! We walked around in sweatshirts...in Maine...in February! Glorious. Bandit had fun too...he rolled and ran all around the open field. Unfortunately, this resulted in him getting dozens of little burrs wrapped all in his fur and Geoff had to cut them out...good think it was just his tail and belly because it is a choppy looking haircut. Geoff's nieces ended up coming over to his mom's where we were staying so we got to play with them for awhile...so cute! That night our friends hosted a "family fun night" with mexican food and drinks in honor of our visit. It was so much fun! Sunday I met up with a friend for tea/coffee and then relaxed while Geoff was up snowboarding. We both had fun!

I guess that that is enough of an update for now...there is more, but I'll save it for a later entry. I will work very hard to make sure that happens sooner rather than later. I miss you all! What have you been up to?

9 comments:

Monique said...

You should be in touch about what weekend exactly you are going to Maine for Geoff's birthday.

I'm going home for my birthday weekend, which is March 27-29th. If you are home that weekend, let me know.. let's get together!

CLR said...

You are a busy woman! No wonder you haven't been blogging. Great to get caught up with you, Geoff, and the rest of the family.

Hope you have a sweet rest of the week and good luck getting the "flash" out of your head...

Krista said...

Holy moly you ARE a busy lady! I have been too... I went to Mexico and took a billion pictures so I've spent lots of time working with them. Now that I'm back I am working 12 hour days to PAY for said trip to Mexico. LOL!

I am with you on not getting naked in front of my coworkers. And I don't think there are any that I would *like* to see naked, either. meh...

I'm having a giveaway for my followers... you should stop by! :o)

Picture Imperfect Follower Giveaway

JenJen said...

welcome back! And? flinging boobies is a funny moment to visualize....hahahaha

Kristy said...

Totally understand about the changing at the gym thing! When I used to go to the gym (yes, I have sadly fell off that wagon after my son was born), I used a stall too and felt like such a prude! But my big reason was always because I didn't want to see work people, especially not see too much of work people!

Smileyfreak said...

WOW you have been very busy indeed :) Well done on starting the yoga again! It sounds good apart from the boob experience lol

Just been studying alot because of up coming tests ^^)

Kathryn said...

Welcome back, sweetie! I'm glad you've been busy, busy, busy. I'm also not surprised that it was warmer in Maine than all parts south. What a crazy winter we've had!

I laughed out loud at the visual of you talking to the topless professor!

Debbie said...

Yay! Welcome back! Sounds like you've kept busy and yeah, umm that would be weird (your locker room story).

lifelove'n'wine said...

Monique: Sorry that we'll miss you again! Come see us in RI!

CLR: Haha, the "flash"...I need all the luck I can get with that!

Krista: Sounds like fun though! I really need to take more pictures...I'm always in awe when I look at yours.

JenJen: Thanks! Yeah, funny for people who weren't there! Gah!

Kristy: Exactly!

Smileyfreak: Good luck on the tests!

Kathryn: Thanks! Yeah, this winter is VERY weird!

Debbie: It was! Now whenever I see her in the locker room I'm terrified that we'll have a repeat incident.