Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Beer and Boston!

I had a wonderful long weekend with Geoffrey. Saturday we went to the Boston Winter Jubilee Beer Festival. I had gotten him tickets for Christmas, and it was a great gift for both of us! We took the train up from Providence which I was a little worried about, but it turned out fine. The ride was very quick and I had my new ipod to keep me occupied.

We arrived in Boston a little over an hour before the festival started, which turned out to be a good thing as we weren't really sure where we were going. We finally found the place about 15 minutes before the doors opened and ended up being pretty close to the front of the line. Once inside we hit the coat check then headed straight for the Gritty's table. I ended up going back there twice more before we left. Oh my gosh you guys, it was so much fun! There were UNLIMITED samples, a 2-man band playing everyone's favorites, food, and 52 breweries! I ended up getting buzzed very quickly and had to hit the food table about 3 samples in, haha. Silly me going to a beer festival on an empty stomach!

(Excuse the poor quality photos...took them with the cell phone!)

Oh no! Empty cup!

Going for a walk in the park...a leeetle drunk...after the festival


Even though it was crowded, the lines were extremely short. I think the longest line I stood in had 3 people in front of me...awesome! I can't remember all of the breweries I sampled from, but I know had had some from Gritty's, Sebago Brewing Company, Shipyard, Long Trail, Geary's, Kennebec River, Redhook, Widmer, and Union Station. Delicious!

After the festival we took a stroll in a nearby park before hitting a burrito joint. We were STARVING! We then grabbed some Dunkin' Donuts coffee and hit the bar at South Station to watch some football and have another beer while waiting for the train. Ok...Geoff had another beer...I was done. It was such a fun day, though. We love Boston and talked again about moving there. It's expensive, but such a great city. I don't know why we don't visit more often!

Sunday I made some delicious Chex Mix which the two of us finished off throughout the day...holy crap...so much food. We watched the football games Saturday night and Sunday as well and all of them (except for the NYJ v San Diego game) ended predictably. It's not as much fun without the Pats still in it. I also watched the Golden Globes on my laptop while watching the San Diego game on tv...ah, lazy Sunday.

Monday I actually motivated myself to do some dishes and clean the apartment before breakfast. We lounged around more after that before taking Bandit on a loooong walk that we all needed. It was pretty chilly out, but the crisp, fresh air felt so good. I made chicken curry for dinner as well as some pasta sauce for our dinner tonight and then hung out on the couch for more tv for the rest of the evening.
All in all, it was a great weekend. Geoff and I really enjoyed each other's company and I smiled to myself last night while falling asleep because, man...being in love is awesome.


(I know...gag...deal with it!)

9 comments:

Monique said...

I'm not gagging.

You're adorable.
I love you, and Geoff.
I'm glad that Geoff found such a fantastic lady.

JenJen said...

how sweet!!

Allison said...

Not gag. You guys are SO cute.

KT said...

*deep sigh of comfort out* I LOVe reading your posts, they make me feel so cozy and happy. It's as if you write in a soft-spoken manner. I'm not sure if you are soft-spoken person, but you definitely writ like one.
Hope your week is just as relaxing.

Debbie said...

Aww! What an awesome weekend!

Kathryn said...

No gagging here, either. Anyone who's been in love knows how wonderful it can feel!

I vaguely remember......!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lifelove'n'wine said...

Monique - Thanks, we love you too!

JenJen - :)

Allsion - Thank you. You and Laef are pretty darn cute too!

KT - That means a lot, thank you! I'm glad that some of my writing makes people feel that way.

Debbie - It really was! I hope to go up to Boston for more fun sometime soon.

Kathryn - It is pretty nice, isn't it?