Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm baaaaack

I suck. I'm so sorry that I have abandoned you all for so long. I missed you, I swear! Because it's been so long I will make this post in list form so that I can clear the clutter from my brain and start anew tomorrow.

- Thanksgiving/my birthday weekend was awesome. Geoff and I each had two dinners and were STUFFED by the end of Thursday, but we got to see lots of family so that was nice. I also had an extra visit with my dad and brother on Friday, before going out to the Old Port for drinks with two of my friends. It was so good to see them and I got to wear a cute new sweater dress that Geoff's mom got me for my birthday. Saturday morning my mom took us out to breakfast and that night we went to a big party for one of Geoff's friends. It was so great to see everyone. Four days was a nice amount of time to be there. I didn't feel so rushed like I usually do and while we did a lot and visited lots of people, I still felt like we had plenty of relaxing down time.

- Though the people at my job drive me up the wall (every. single. day.), some great things have happened at work that I am so thankful for. My benefits FINALLY kicked in (I waited a year) and this university offers a top notch health insurance plan that's pretty inexpensive as well as vacation and sick time, holiday pay, etc. Also, because we didn't get raises this year and things have been so dismal what with budget cuts, we got two great Christmas gifts:

  1. Four extra paid vacation days at Christmas. This means that I will have from December 24-January 3 off and still get paid in full. Freaking awesome.
  2. Earlier this week we got a surprise bonus check. This place has never given out holiday bonuses before and these were REALLY decent checks. We're not talking $50-100 here. I was sky high the day we found out. Now I can afford to get Christmas gifts for people and to go out for New Year's Eve with friends! So happy.

- I'm pretty upset about Obama's plan to send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan. Not only because it will cost us $30 billion a year that should go to helping people here who have lost jobs and can't feed their families, but because that means people I know are going to be sent overseas sooner than expected. I found out yesterday that the first to go will be 1,000 Marines from where my brother is stationed and they will leave before Christmas. My heart sank. I spoke to him last night though and he's pretty sure that he won't be sent until later since he just got back 6 months ago. That made me feel a little better. I do feel for my old college roommate though. She just got married and moved to Fort Drum with her husband who is in the army. A large group from there will be leaving in January even though originally they weren't supposed to go until October. It'd be a terrible surprise for her if he got sent so much earlier than expected so here's hoping he doesn't go quite yet.

- What. The. Hell. Patriots? Geoff and I went to a bar to watch the Monday night football game since it was on ESPN and we don't have cable. It was ugly. Luckily there was pizza, buffalo wings, and beer to make it a little better, but it still sucked. Tom Brady's lackluster performance also seriously hurt my Fantasy team so it was a double blow. Freakin' football.

- I can't wait to decorate for Christmas! I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit right away since it always goes by so fast and I really want to enjoy it. I love this time of year, but it just blows by so fast every year. I've gotten some shopping done but still have quite a bit to go. It helps that I have a week and a half vacation to look forward to along with it! Also, Rudolph was on CBS last night so watching that was fun. Why are these specials on so early now though? I totally had no idea that it would be on and I would have been so sad if I had missed it. I know, I'm weird...but I love those specials!

What's new with all of you?

9 comments:

Laurnie said...

Welcome back! I was seriously looking at my reader the other day going "WTF happened to Life, Love and Wine!!"

book*addict said...

I haven't been following you for long, but i missed you. Welcome back! Happy belated bday, btw. It sounds like it was good one.
I feel you on the Obama issue. If only there was another way, but I doubt there is.
I won't be getting into the xmas spirit this year til I go to my parents' house in Nicaragua. My family and I are spending it and I'm so excited to go. Well, I'm excited but also a little nervous. Whenever my mom and I get together we always end up fighting. We act more like sisters then mother-&-daughter.
Anyways, nothing's really new with me. Just trying to stay inspired while enduring finals.

JenJen said...

Same ole here. Stop over to catch up on my drivel...
:)

Debbie said...

Welcome back! Don't feel so bad, could be worse . . . What.The.Hell.Browns? is the crap i gotta deal with! Could be much, much worse. :)

Kathryn said...

CRAP! I missed Rudolph? Crap, crap, crap!

So glad (though) that all these wonderful things are happenin' in your life, sweetie.....

Let the good times ROLL!

Niks La Mode. said...

heeeeyyy good to have u back!!!! Happy belated! great u had nice time... even better with the bonuses!!! :) woo woo.

I am also really pissed at Obamas decision n i voted for him. I just really hate people are loosing their lives or not being with their loved ones.

glad you are going to get gifts for your loved ones.

With me ? I have finally launched my website check it out http://www.lamodeconsulting.com and just working on clients and my twins n hubby :)

serendipitous said...

Welcome back!!

I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for an award! Come check it out at my place to accept it. :) Congratulations!

http://serendipitous-natalie.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-first-blog-award.htm

book*addict said...

hey I nominated you for that same award serendipitous just nominated you for. here's my link:

http://findingmethroughbooks.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://xurizenelo.s-enterprize.com/azysyp.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money