Wednesday, November 25, 2009

This will Probably Make You Gag. You've Been Warned.

I am at work right now, working a half day (yay!) and then I have a 4 day holiday weekend. After work I am heading home to clean, cook, and pack for our trip to Maine. We will leave after Geoff gets home around 7pm, and I am so excited. We are celebrating Thanksgiving and my birthday this weekend so yeah...awesome.

Tonight we will arrive at Geoff's mom's condo in Portland around 10pm. Diane is working all night but Geoff's brother, B will be there (sans our nieces unfortunately). Tomorrow Geoff and his brother will have dinner at their father's place and I will have dinner at my dad's. That one will be small as it will be my grandmother, my dad, my youngest brother, and myself. Hopefully Dad and I will get some football watching in and lots of eating before I leave. Then I will pick up Geoff and we will head to my uncle's house for another dinner with my mom's side of the family. That one will have probably about 15 people. I'm going to be very full and very tired by the end of the day! But that's what Thanksgiving is all about, right? Oh...and being thankful.

Friday will be a relatively relaxed day and I am hoping to go out with a couple of friends to the Old Port (where all the bars are) to celebrate my birthday which is on Saturday. Saturday I have breakfast with Mom, a quick visit with Dad, then we're off to a huge surprise 30th birthday party for one of Geoff's friends. I'm so excited for a party on my birthday even if it's not my own...we still get to see everyone!

Sunday I will hopefully not be nursing a hangover as we drive back to Rhode Island.

Having divorced parents is hard as I'm sure many people know. Geoff and I both have parents who divorced, so it makes the holidays really crazy and frustrating sometimes. This will be the first Thanksgiving that we're actually having a dinner together since we're usually pulled in so many directions. It could be much worse though. We are so lucky to have parents who love us and big families full of wonderful people. I wouldn't trade them for the world. I know it's sappy and cliche, but I am going to do a quick bit on thankfulness.

I am thankful that I have a boyfriend who loves me and who treats me so wonderfully. He has stuck with me through some very hard times and I'm in awe as to how I am so lucky. He is an amazing man who really cares about others and who makes my world and others' a much better place. Also, he's pretty easy on the eyes so...I'm one lucky woman.

I'm thankful for my family. Yes they drive me crazy most of the time and yes we have our fair share of problems, but they love me and I love them. They will always support me and be there for me and for that I am forever grateful.

I'm thankful that my brother is stateside this holiday season and not fighting in Afghanistan like last year.

I'm thankful for my cuddly doggy. He makes life better.

I'm thankful that Geoff and I both have jobs and can pay our bills this year.

I'm thankful that I was born in a country that for all it's problems and ridiculousness...still is one of the best places to live. I have so many freedoms, rights, and opportunities that others in the world don't have access to.

I'm thankful for my friends. They are amazing people and make my world so much brighter.

I'm thankful for a million things that I can't possibly fit into one blog post...but I think these top the list.

Oh yeah, I'm also thankful for good wine and food. Bring on the turkey, pies, and booze. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

What are your plans?

15 comments:

Meagan said...

Doing a friends thanksgiving this year. First time not with our families. Our friends are like family though. Hoping the food turns out good since we are less experienced. Hoping my pregnant friend is able to sit around all the different types of food and smells.

Laurnie said...

Haha, I loved your title to this blog :) Your Thanksgiving sounds packed! I come from divorced parents as well, and the holidays are always busy. But this year, since my family is spread out all over, Ive decided to spend Thanksgiving alone with The Boy, since his family decided last minute to leave town and he works. So we will be having a small one. Hope your Thansgiving is a good one, and Happy Birthday!

CLR said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I too am so glad that Bobby will be home, safe and sound, for the Holiday. Jake's home this year too! God is so kind.
Enjoy feasting with your family and mine too... Wish we could all be together for a bit, what fun that would be.
Take care and of course Happy, Happy Birthday to you!! 25's not so bad.. now you can rent a car some states right?

CLR said...

oops in some states..

JenJen said...

I'm happy you'll have a great weekend!
Young punk.

kidding.

:)

Sami said...

I love your thankful list!! :) I'm thankful for a lot of the same - the simple little things we all take for granted.

We are spending a quiet Thanksgiving in our new house cooking, eating, and napping. Oh, and boozing! Woohoo!!

Enjoy your busy weekend, and Happy Birthday too!

Meg said...

wow, that sounds like a busy holiday! fun though.
Hope you are having a great thanksgiving!! Up here in Canada land, we celebrated Turkey Day last month...so no Turkey/Pie for me this weekend.
Enjoy all your dinners!!

Boots the Awesome said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Who doesn't love a holiday that's full of eating, drinking and football. :)

It sounds like you're having a busy weekend! Enjoy!

Dreamfarm Girl said...

Your thankful list was sweet and heartfelt. I hope your Thanksgiving was and your birthday is awesome!

Kathryn said...

Well, I hope you've had an absolute blast this long holiday weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving...times three (or was it four??)

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN! You're a big girl now!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it when you get the time!

PAR-TEE!!!!

Allison said...

I hope you made time to watch Four Christmases. :)

Courtney said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Sounds like your really busy, but that's better than me, having nothing to do and hardly any family to be with. Take care!

JennyMac said...

We had a big family get together. I loved it!

I had to stop by when I saw the title of your post.

lifelove'n'wine said...

Meagan - That sounds fun! I love big dinners with friends.

Laurnie - I hope the two of you had fun! Divorced parents definitely make for busy holidays. We try to make the best of it though.

CLR - I'm so glad that Jake will be home to share the holidays with you and the kids. It was great to see our family...Grammie is such a firecracker now!

JenJen - Thank you:)

Sami - Thanks for the birthday wishes. I hope you two had fun!

Meg - I ate a ridiculous amount of food. It was great, haha.

Boots - I miss you! Glad your party went well. Yeah, Thanksgiving is the awesome.

Dreamfarm Girl - Thank you so much:)

Kathryn - I fully intended to right a full post about all of the parties and get togethers but now it seems too much time has passed. It was a great time though!

Allison - Haha, that made me laugh. Geoff and I should totally watch that...I'm pretty sure we'll be able to relate.

Courtney - It was busy but as crazy as our families are we are thankful for them. Hope you had a great time too!

JennyMac - Love this time of year with the family get togethers! Hope you enjoyed it! And thanks for stopping by:)

Anonymous said...

Hey,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]lifelovenwine.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Research indicates that about 50% of all United States adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.