Monday, November 16, 2009

How They Find Me and Weekend Happiness

Geoff and I had a pretty uneventful, but nice weekend. Saturday it poured and we did absolutely nothing all day except for cook, eat, and watch more stuff on the Netflix player. Yesterday morning we went out to breakfast at a little place Geoff had noticed on his way to work. Breakfast just might be my favorite meal, and it's definitely my favorite meal to eat out. Geoff had an italian omelette with pepperoni, olives, onions, garlic, mozzerella, and marinara sauce with a side of toast and home fries. It looked delicious! I had french toast, home fries, an egg, and bacon. We sat and chatted while sipping our coffees and enjoying our food. It was glorious!

After breakfast I had to go get measured for a bridesmaid dress (joy) before heading home. We enjoyed a lovely walk with Bandit, and it was so nice to have fall weather in the 60s again. Then we planted ourselves on the couch for the rest of the day to watch some football. Dammit Patriots! What was that all about??? I'm still disappointed this morning.

Anyway, I've noticed that from time to time other bloggers will post about the funny ways that people stumble upon their blog through Google search and I thought I would do the same! Below are some of the things people have typed into their Google search bar that led them to my blog. I've grouped searches that had similar themes together.

Love and wine and Wine Love - These make sense.

Pin the Part on the Old Fart and Old Fart Picture - These are a little strange but I'm pretty sure that they refer to the game from this post. If not we have a serious problem with the elderly in this country.

Kids Boyfriend Life Wine - How does one fit everything they love into a happy life? Perhaps that is what this searcher wanted to know.

Why is Wine Keeping Me Up at Night? - Good question. You probably aren't drinking enough.

I love camping - Good for you. Me too.

Who is the woman who talks to the cake in the yoplait commercial? - I'm not sure, but it doesn't really matter. She's obviously delusional and we don't need to associate ourselves with people who think yogurt and cake are the same thing. Also, who talks to Google in complete sentences?

Special Life and Love in Turkey - I'm really not sure how I could have helped this person. I've never been to Turkey, and I'm really not sure what "special life and love" are.

Wine and its effects on love life - If you're having problems with wine affecting your love life, you obviously need to prioritize. He's not worth it.

Dangers of Bran - I was happy to see this. I thought bran was only out to get me, but I guess I'm not alone.

What to bake when you have the munchies - Seriously? Ok, well I think anything would probably do the trick, but it's probably best not to bake when you're stoned. I would just open up a bag of chocolate chips and go for it. Otherwise you could very well forget about whatever you put in the oven and start a fire. Also, opening a bag of chocolate chips takes very little effort so it's a win all the way around.

Be careful what you Google...someone may be watching you. And laughing.

14 comments:

Monique said...

This blog post made me laugh hysterically.

Especially about if wine is affecting your love life he's not worth it. :)

f8hasit said...

I've checked what the search words are when people have landed on my site and I too, was amazed by some of the entries.

Not only that it led them to me, but also that they would even type that in a Google search bar!
:-)

Smileyfreak said...

lol interesting searches :) but that just shows how super your blog is :)

Sami said...

ARGH! BRAN!! Head for the hills!

I didn't watch the Pats game last night but I woke up to a lot of P.O'ed Facebook comments... eeeek, glad I missed it, I would have been hollering at the TV!

Dreamfarm Girl said...

I'm not savvy enough to know how to see the google searches that lead people to me, but I know I'll be a bit more careful from now on what I type into that google search box. Yikes! pretty funny stuff.

Debbie said...

These are GREAT! And your responses are hilarious. Great idea for a post. I get some weird search terms too.

Meg said...

haha, search term posts are always hilarious. although, i must admit, I am totally guilty of asking google questions in full sentences. haha, google hasn't failed me yet though!

Laurnie said...

"If wine is affecting your love life, he's not worth it"

Brilliant :)

Allison said...

Breakfast is the best meal ever!

*uncorked said...

I don't know how to do this. Please tell me how to search for this. I'm dying to know what leads people to my blog.

Kathryn said...

Oh, too funny! I swear....what are those little googlebots thinking?? Every time I see them come through, I think, "Uh-oh....do you have your itty-bitty-googlebot glasses on??"

There are times where I see absolutely NO correlation between the bizarre search words and MY blog.

(Of course they ask Google in full questions! That's so the voices in their heads make sense when they answer.)

Picture Imperfect said...

This post is fantastic! I love all of the goofy combinations.

How can I search for this? Now I'm curious! Maybe I'll have some fun ones and I'll come back and share. :o)

Hope you're having a fabulous Wednesday!

Laurnie said...

I think I figured out how to track this stuff, to all who were inquiring...go to google analytics and sign up for an account (free) and follow the instructions. Easy! :)

lifelove'n'wine said...

Monique - Glad I could make you laugh!

f8hasit - I know! I want to get some really good ones, haha.

Smileyfreak - Aw, thank you:)

Sami - Oh it was so bad. So, so bad.

Dreamfarm Girl - I know! It definitely makes me think before I search now.

Debbie - I had seen other bloggers do it so I can't take credit for the great idea.

Meg - I probably have done that in the past too. But usually I'm too lazy and just type key words.

Laurnie - I thought people would like that:) And thanks for helping the commenters...I was a little slow in getting back to you guys!

Allison - I know! You really can't go wrong there.

*uncorked - You have to add a tracking thing to your blog. I use Site Meter and many people use that or Google Analytics. You just go to their websites and follow the directions. It's easy...and fun:)

Kathryn - I had a really weird one awhile back about missionaries. I couldn't find the exact search, but I was like...what?

Picture - Thanks:) See the comment above to *uncorked with instructions. And definitely share with us once you see results!