Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Celebrating

Hi all! I'm sorry that this won't be much of a post. Work was crazy today and Geoff is sick so I'm afraid I don't have a lot of time to write. I will say that I got some really good news today that I will share with you later this month. It is a great relief and takes a lot of stress and anger away.

Tonight I finally caught up on some housework that I've been slacking on and am making an easy dinner of spaghetti and marinara. At this moment I'm having a glass of red wine to celebrate my good news and the fact that the apartment looks better.* I haven't felt this happy and relaxed in weeks.

I promise to write tomorrow and will share today's news in about two weeks (it's nothing major and probably won't matter a lick to anyone else but it's something I've been waiting a year for).

*I never actually need to have a reason to drink red wine, and I have a glass or two almost every night. The only difference is this one tastes like sweet victory:)

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh, you are such a TEASE. Okay...my guesses:
1) Promotion at work
2) New job
3) Found sparkly, spangly shade of lipstick that perfectly matches your favorite skirt
4) Geoff discovered what the laundry basket's for! (Sorry, Geoff...I figure he's too sick to get mad.)
5) You won the lottery and get a payout in 2 weeks.

Okay, I'm out.

Monique said...

I don't know what it is.... but I am dying of anticipation until then. Hopefully I'll see you next weekend and get it out of you then... ;)

Boots McGee said...

You're the devil! You can't do that! :) I'm glad you've got good news, whatever it is, you deserve it!

lifelove'n'wine said...

Kathryn - 1. Nope
2. Nope
3. I wish!
4. Haha!
5. Again, I wish!

Monique - You can drag it out of me...it's really not that big of a deal and just takes a lot of explaining so I'm waiting until things are official to bother writing about it. I hope to see you!

Boots - Thanks:) Again, it's not as big as people are thinking which is why I shouldn't have said anything...it's just big to me!

Picture Imperfect said...

Congratulations! I love Good News Days. :)

I love the anticipation! Can't wait to hear... and I doubt it will be meaningless - clearly we are all interested!

Allison said...

Yay for good news!!

I am also one of those people who gets joy out of making the house look better and then celebrating with wine and spaghetti!