Monday, September 21, 2009

Munchie Mondays - No Bake Cookies

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for my brief hiatus but I am back from Maine and will post about my fun weekend very soon.

In the meantime I thought I would share a quick and easy recipe that I got from Geoff's mom last year for No Bake cookies. They are not at all healthy, but oh so worth it!

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 T cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oats

Instructions:
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar, milk and cocoa powder. Stir continuously until boiling.
2. Remove from heat once mixture has boiled for 1 1/2 minutes. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until peanut butter has melted.
3. Stir in oats.
4. Use a spoon to drop on foil. Cool and eat!

So easy...so yummy...I make them ALL THE TIME in the fall and winter. They are a perfectly easy cold weather treat. Geoff LOVES them. I will post a picture next time I make them.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Mmm sounds delicious! Cookies are dangerous in my household - if I made a batch, they'd be gone within the hour.

Kristin said...

Oh, I think I make make these this week! I have been looking for a cookie to make and I have all these ingredients & it sounds so easy, thanks! I'm glad you have cherry tomatoes, I'm still hoping to get some out of my plants.

lifelove'n'wine said...

Gina - They're dangerous here too...mostly because I think my boyfriend is related to cookie monster...

Kristin - Great! Glad I could offer up an idea for you...and they are SO easy!