Monday, September 7, 2009

Munchie Mondays-Coconut (Custard) Pie

Sorry this post is so late in the day...it's a holiday, ok? Better late than never, right?

I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website earlier this summer, and was amazed by how simple it was to make. It said it was a coconut pie, and I was picturing something more like a coconut cake. This was really more of a coconut custard pie. Though I wasn't expecting it, I LOVED it. I made it again this weekend since it's the last weekend of summer and I think of this as more of a summer pie. Geoff and his mom are also big fans. We finished it off in about 24 hours. I wish I'd made it more often...it's so easy AND yummy!

Ingredients:
1 cup flaked or shredded coconut
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Bisquick mix
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs

Instructions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
2. In medium bowl, stir all ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.




Doesn't that sound simple? It hardly takes any time to prepare, and while the bake seems like a long wait, it's so worth it. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Sounds yummy...in theory. But, alas....I don't like coconut. Can we replace it with a Key Lime pie??