Monday, August 24, 2009

Munchie Mondays - Tangy Cauliflower

Hey all! I'm interrupting the story of how I ended up on the side of the road in my bathing suit for 9 hours, to introduce a new segment to my blog. Welcome to Munchie Mondays! I will try to post a new recipe that I have tried recently every Monday. I have a few that I have tried recently and a few lined up so hopefully I can keep this going.

Last week while searching for a recipe for cauliflower that didn't involve just dumping melted cheese on it, I came across this recipe for Tangy Cauliflower on About.com.

Ingredients:
1 medium cauliflower, broken into flowerets
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper (I used more-1/2 a pepper)
2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper (I used more-1/2 a pepper)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Instructions:
1. Steam cauliflower or cook in a small amount of boiling salted water for about 8 to 10 minutes
2. Meanwhile In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, melted butter, red and green peppers, sugar, and salt. Cook over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes
3. Drain cauliflower and put in serving dish. Pour pepper mixture over hot cauliflower. Cauliflower recipe serves 4 to 6 (Geoff and I ate it all)


(Crappy picture because took with cell phone - too hungry to go grab camera!)

I really enjoyed this recipe. It was extremely quick and easy, and tasted great, although the peppers do pick up a lot more of the flavor than the cauliflower does. I'm thinking of adding black pepper or more vinegar next time for a stronger taste.

Enjoy!

And feel free to join me by posting Munchie Monday posts on your blogs!

No comments: