Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mmmmm...Spicy, Buttery Shrimp!




Well, I have another recipe to share. I found this last summer (I forget where) and tried it then, and I am making it again tonight. Obviously it is not very healthy because of all the butter, but it is oh so delicious. I promise to post some of my healthier recipes soon!

This recipe is for a large group of people. I cut it in half and it lasts us a little while.

Ingredients:
5lb large shrimp, shelled
2lb butter
4T chopped parsley
4tsp cayenne pepper
4tsp black pepper
2T chopped rosemary leaves
2tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
5-10 cloves minced garlic
1 med. onion - minced
3 ribs celery - minced
6 oz beer - drink the rest

Instructions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Melt a stick of butter in a skillet
-Saute garlic, onion, celery, parsley, rosemary, cayenne, and pepper for 3 minutes
-Melt the rest of the butter in a medium saucepan
-Add the beer to the butter
-Add the sauteed mixture, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice
-Lay shrimp in glass baking dishes and drown with mixture; if the shrimp is not submerged, add more butter (I know! Crazy!)

-Bake 15-20 minutes or until shrimp is pink

-Serve in deep bowls with handful of shrimp and lots of butter sauce

-Don't feel guilty about all the butter because dinner was just plain awesome


Enjoy!

3 comments:

Monique said...

Does the recipe actually tell you to drink the rest of the beer or did you add that part in? :)

lifelove'n'wine said...

I added that part in myself:)

CLR said...

Can I come to your house for dinner? That looks great!