Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mmmmm...cheese straws!

While surfing the internet a few weeks ago for something easy and yummy to make, I came across a recipe for cheese straws! These taste kind of like spicy Cheez-its, but are shaped like staws instead of crackers. I for one, am not a fan of Cheez-its, but I knew that Geoff would love them so I went for it anyway. Here is a link for the recipe:

http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/06/cheese-straws/

They actually came out really good, except I that I had to improvise and use a wine bottle for a rolling pin as I have not gotten around to buying one of those yet. I will also need a few more tries before I can get all of my straws to be the same width. So while I probably got a Fail for presentation...they sure were tasty! I added more red pepper flakes than the recipe calls for because we like to keep things spicy in our household! Try them and let me know what you think!

No comments: