Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The day Erin came to town

(NOTE: All pictures in this post are several years old as I have no recent pics of my lovely lady and I together)

This is Erin (the one on the left). She is one of my BEST friends in the whole world. We met freshman year of college, and life hasn't been the same since.



I have wonderful memories with this girl, from coffee dates, to reading girly magazines, to bitching about how dumb men can be, to collapsing in laughter on the floor of the GAP. If there is one thing I can ALWAYS count on her for, it's a good laugh. I love it!



Until yesterday, I had not had girl time with Erin in YEARS. In fact, in the past two years I have hardly seen her at all. Something about her having to be in Montreal for grad school being sooooo important. Well, now she's moving to Texas with her fiance, so I knew I had to have this girl all to myself for at least one day of fun before she left for the south.

Erin came down yesterday around 1pm, and it was like no time had passed. I cannot even begin to tell you what a great day I had. We pretty much spent our time doing what we do best: eating and shopping...but not buying much because we're too damn broke. We also laughed and talked A LOT. We started the day on the East Side of Providence, where we visited the little shops and had a lunch of greasy deliciousness at Johnny Rockets. After a few hours of that we ventured downtown for a stroll along the rivers and more little shop visiting. We got some DELICIOUS margaritas at a little bar/coffee shop called Tazza. They were verrrry strong. Halfway through we were both swaying and giggling a bit too much. She sucked hers down like a champ, and I had to leave a bit in my glass to make sure that I could survive the rest of the day. I still ended up having the hiccups for almost an hour afterwards, causing her to oh so lovingly call me "Drunky".

From there we hit the mall. The GINORMOUS Providence Place mall with it's several floors of fun. We were there for 3.5 hours! I haven't shopped that much in ages. I was good and only bought some new lotion to replace the one I just ran out of and a new shirt for work. She was good too and only bought a bath ball thing from Lush. Lush is also where we were totally sold on buying some great, organic face masks only to find out they were sold out of the kind they recommended for us. Disappointment. We made ourselves feel better with more shopping and eating.

At about 7:30 Geoff called us to see if we wanted to meet up with him and his friend Peter at Trinity for beers and $1 wing night. Though we were exhausted from the hours of walking, talking, and trying on clothes, we agreed. It was a good time, but we were very happy when we finally made it back to the apartment at about 11pm. We recalled the days when we could stay up late without feeling like we'd been hit by a truck. Then we passed out and slept the night away. We finished our visit off with blueberry scones and coffee this morning, and I felt very teary eyed as I drove in to work this morning, wishing our visit could have been longer.

She's been gone for less than twelve hours, but I already miss her like crazy. I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard, almost unable to stop. It felt great.

Erin is one of a kind. Sweet, hilarious (I cannot stress that enough), smart, talented, and of course beautiful. I know she's a life-long friend, and I look forward to many more adventures together. Thanks for a great girls day, Erin! I needed it more than you know, and I can't wait for the next time. Look out world!



Love<3

2 comments:

coondog27 said...

I miss the two of you guys so much. I still laugh when I think back on both of you in our finer moments- "Manwich" anyone?

lifelove'n'wine said...

Haha! Erin and I were talking about the time she tried to get the 3 musketeers bar to glow in the dark. One of my favorite memories of her:)